CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK!

On FACEBOOK??? Stop by DESIGNER KAT'S EYE FOR DESIGN and "LIKE" US! I will luv you for it!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

An affordable facelift!!!!


I love apartment makeovers! Being able to transform a small space from sheer drab, to comfortable and fab, always makes me happy! I think that apartment dwellers should be able to enjoy their spaces as much as home owners! For this apartment renovation, I worked with a MINIMAL budget, but I am a resourceful gal! The backsplash and countertops were completely unsalvageable. The kitchen cabinets were in good shape, but I hated the color.


The color of the cabinets was such an eye sore to me, it inspired me to mix up my very own custom color stain. I didn't want to stain the cabinets too dark, with it being such a small space, but I love the look of dark wood. Cherry stain was too red, considering we had chosen red as the wall color. Thus, I whipped up a batch of what I like to call BLACK CHERRY stain. (I will happily sell my formula to Minwax -LOL!!!) I am so thrilled with the finished look of the cabinets, new counters and the backsplash!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment