CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK!

On FACEBOOK??? Stop by DESIGNER KAT'S EYE FOR DESIGN and "LIKE" US! I will luv you for it!

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Notes on NEO CON


On Wednesday, I had the opportunity to attend Neo-Con. Neo Con is the largest interior design conference, filled with vendors, suppliers, maufacturers and designers GALORE!

Walking from floor to floor at the Merchandise Mart was like sensory overload!


Some of my FAVORITE things....


Roppe Flooring gave away TREES! Yes, you read that correctly! Real Colorado Blue Spruce Trees (in a tube!) Loved the creativity!!!


The wallpapers and fabrics displayed by Wolf-Gordon! WOW - Talk about gorgeous!!!! They had a raw silk cranberry paper that was so visually stunning on a display board, I can only imagine how fantastic it would look in a home!


In terms of generating product interest, I gotta give props to Halo flooring. Instead of boring the designers with sales pitches and speels, they let us make our own floor tiles. Not only was this fun and engaging, it gave us first hand insights to their products.


Carnegie fabrics captured an interesting contrast between industry and nature with their fabrics.


There were several luxe home furniture designers. I fell madly in love with a regal, vintage Old Hollywood inspired living room and bedroom. However, one of the side chairs cost 10k!!!!!! (Yes, that is correct - 10 grand!!!!!!!!) Helloooo we are in a recession here! Egads! As much as I liked this stylistically, the arrogant pricing really turned me off.


and lastly..... Benjamin Moore! I love their products and really liked the way they displayed their new colors in their showcase. They took you through the evolution of their colors & I enjoyed the history behind it.


All in all, a very enjoyable, informative day!

No comments:

Post a Comment