CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK!

On FACEBOOK??? Stop by DESIGNER KAT'S EYE FOR DESIGN and "LIKE" US! I will luv you for it!

Friday, July 23, 2010

Little house of HORRORS!!!!

Today, I went to an "Estate Sale" in an affluent suburb of Chicago. My "Eye" was focused upon finding one of a kind treasures, maybe some antiques, interesting art, or some great furniture, in need of some TLC to restore it's natural lustre. Call me crazy, but, when I hear the word "estate", I tend to assume that connotates a certain degree of value. Silly, silly me! This so called "estate" sale, was more like a little house of horrors! First and foremost, I fail to comprehend how an auction company could have held any form of a sale at this home, without introducing it to a little friend of mine called CLOROX!!! The home was filthy and in dire need of repair. I am not talking about just an update or a cosmetic fix, but a true repair job. Tile was comming up left and right, which could have caused a dangerous condition, not to mention liability. The carpet was old and infested -I am too scared to speculate as to what it was infested with. They were selling used undergarments and I kid you not, someone's old toupees!!!!!! This sale was so bad, I truly lack the words to adequately describe the horrors!!!! The sad thing is that the house itself, has good bones. A major scrub down is MANDATORY, FIRST PRIORITY, but with an "Eye for Design" and a good contractor, it could really go from horrific and drab to clean, updated and spectacularly fab. Needless to say, I will NOT be shopping there for myself or my clients! I cannot believe the auction house could hold an "estate" sale there in good conscience! Final thoughts are still an overwhemling sense of "EWWWWWWWWWWWWW". The song from "Little Shop of Horrors" is also playing in my head on repeat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment